Genius DayBecome a certified MusicMaster Genius
What is Genius Day?
Throughout the year, MusicMaster and our European partner ON AIR host special MusicMaster training events called "Genius Days." These sessions are hosted in major cities around the world and alongside trade show events. However, they can also be requested by individual organizations for staff training. At the end of each session, participants are awarded a special Certification, a distinction that not only gives them an advantage in their programming but also on their resumes.
Upcoming Genius Days
- Minneapolis, MN - July 26, 2017
In association with the Conclave
- Location: Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis
- Special Guest: To be determined
- San Antonio, TX - November 2, 2017
Meet Your Host
Genius Days are hosted by Drew Bennett, MusicMaster's Director of Learning and Development.Learn more about Drew
What You'll Learn
You and/or your organization will receive in-depth training on program features and scheduling strategies tailored specifically to your needs. A Question and Answer session rounds out the discussion and provides some of the best opportunities for additional learning.
- Connecting MusicMaster to your other systems
- The least used and most time-saving feature in Library Maintenance
- Our ‘MusicMaster Genius Clock editing secrets’
- The Swiss Army Knife of Rules, and how to master it
- How to look at Turnover a completely different way
- The one tool that lets you diagnose issues in any database
- Winning between the records with Special Sets
- Scheduling the best song every time with Optimum Goals
- Three scheduling goals designed to crush your competition
Meet the Geniuses Behind the Geniuses
President and CEO of MusicMaster, Joe Knapp and General Manager of ON AIR Rainer Eichhorn began hosting training seminars back in the 1980s, when the program was first being used in the industry. Decades later, the popular seminars became known as 'Genius Days' and the name stuck as the tradition continued. According to Knapp:
"MusicMaster Genius Day workshops are a great learning opportunity, not just for our customers, but also for ourselves. They're also a bit like snowflakes, as no two are ever exactly alike. We go into these workshops with a very basic outline and allow the customers to drive the agenda. They tell us why they came and what they're looking to learn more about. Sometimes they challenge us with new situations we hadn't encountered before. Together, we search for a suitable temporary way to work around the problem, then take the issue back to the engineers who come up with a permanent solution. They have been the primary source of creative enhancement ideas for us for several years."
Now, the teaching torch has been passed to Drew Bennett, long-time MusicMaster Scheduling Consultant and Director of Learning and Development. Drew is often joined by other MusicMaster Pro Team members and Expert Users to offer format-specific insight. Overseas, the ON AIR team travels throughout Europe and Asia to bring Genius Days closer to international users.